If you’re wondering whether to plump for manufacturer branded over non branded car parts, or vice versa, then this guide will talk you through the pros and cons of each.
Non branded parts
• They’re cheaper: Non branded car parts are pretty much always cheaper than branded ones; however you can always save a little more by shopping around, bear in mind however that if it seems too cheap, then it probably is too good to be true!
• Quality can sometimes be just as good as manufacturer brand parts: This point needs to be approached with care; we know at http://www.cpacarparts.co.uk/ that a lot of non-branded car parts can be just as good as their branded counterparts.
• Quality can vary greatly: The quality of non manufacturer branded parts may vary in quality, even when different parts are from the same range.
• There can be an overwhelming selection: For those that are unfamiliar with unbranded parts, the sheer number of parts can be nothing short of overwhelming. Not only that, but you also need to be sure as to the model your part will fit, as returning non branded parts, particularly via the internet, can be extremely inconvenient.
• Non branded parts may not have a warranty: Many non branded parts do not offer a warranty, so check before your purchase.
• More variety: Branded car parts will always have a larger variety than non branded parts, and they’re less likely to suffer from certain issues that are related to how well the part fits. Even the smallest of defects
• More availability: Branded parts are always going to be more widely available across all ranges; non branded parts may have inordinate wait times, which mean you may have to purchases a branded part out of necessity.
• Easier to select your part: Non branded parts come straight from the manufacturers themselves, and you can purchase them from most main stream shops. This ensures that you get the best advice possible as to what part it is you need, and you’ll only have the one to choose from!
• Better quality: Your new part will work just as your old one did. This way you know what you’re getting each and every time.
• Your part will come with a warranty: The majority of manufacturer parts come with warranties as standard, so you can be safe in the knowledge that, should something go wrong, your part will be replaced for free.
• More expensive: There’s no two ways about it… branded car parts are more expensive, but that’s the only real draw back of branded parts.
Purchasing a manufacturer branded part is preferable to non branded parts for many reasons; however the non branded are cheaper and there may be many instances where manufacturer branded parts simply aren’t affordable at that point in time. In such instances you should not only shop around, but you should also do your homework as to the quality of the budget brand you’re looking at.